Sunday, June 18, 2023

Sweetie

Sweetie has been enjoying her refuge at Susan's.  She hasn't come home yet since I dropped her off Tuesday morning.  Susan seems to enjoy having her as well.  I stopped by Thursday to print off some documents and restock food for Sweetie and spend some time with her.


Sweetie was happy to see me.  She followed me everywhere, but she was also visibly limping and panting heavily. When it was time for the big loop around Susan's  property, Sweetie let me know she wanted to stay back and relax.  I walked the  loop with Susan and Allie.


I was up early Friday to drive into town and fax off my documents (I need a copy of my birth certificate).  Susan called me in the early evening saying Sweetie was whining, restless and panting heavily and that perhaps I need to pick her up.  A little later she called again, letting me know that she is relaxed again, and to give her another night.  


It is now Sunday and she has calmed down again.  I haven't gotten any more frantic phone calls from Susan.


A Facebook friend of mine, Daniel Smith, whom I was introduced to by my former co-worker Alda (who died in 2019) revealed two days ago that he has stage 4 colon cancer.  He is a Desert Storm veteran with PTSD and still i his 50s.  He lives in Phoenix and until just recently was an avid hiker of the Southwest.  A few months ago he complained of fatigue and sore knees.  He was not expecting cancer.  Even though we never met, we have a few things in common.  I've been thinking of him a lot. At least he has a girl friend to help him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment