Thursday, June 22, 2023

House fires near by

 I was in town dropping off my Cologuard sample and then having a sweet treat, when I saw on a Local Facebook page of a loud explosion and then fire in the Three Canyons area.  Three Canyons is three miles south of us, a gated area of newly-built homes.  These homes were built after the 2011 fire.


State Road 92 was closed at Hereford Road south to Coronado Memorial Road.  A large supertanker was flying low over the foothills as I made it home, and shortly thereafter got a text message to evacuate.


But evacuate to where?  I saw other neighbors with big trucks heading out, but most people on my street seemed calm.  My only option would be to park on Susan's property, but I still remember all too well how she felt about me being in her home on Day three after our house fire.  Seven dogs would be too much for Allie, too.


By late afternoon the evac orders were cancelled  Winds had died down.  I didn't see any smoke during the evening dog walk, but my neighbor Lesley said she drove towatds the burn area and saw smoke and flames on the ground between Miller and Three Canyons Road south of us.

When I left the RV at 8pm to head into town, I saw embers still burning on the ground right off the highway, along Three Canyons Road and The Oaks subdivision, where I used to go walk the dogs until early 2017.  This is the second time in 12 years that area has been affected by a wildfire.

This fire is now in the books as the Wildhorse fire.  It burned 150 acres and came as a result of three smaller fires merging.

https://www.kgun9.com/wildfirewatch/several-structures-threatened-by-running-30-acre-wildfire-near-hereford


No comments:

Post a Comment