Sunday, June 25, 2023

Bisbee 1000


This was my first walk since breaking my wrist. I arrived 15 minutes late. We started at 5:45am. I kept the dogs at home due to the excessive heat warning.  Today's high was 103F and it was already in the upper 80s when we finished the walk.


I only took a few photos today. My phone is out of storage and I still need to learn how to move files to my Samsung SD.

Normally Bill and I discuss current events. There's been much happening lately, with the implosion of the Titan submersible with five men on board, while descending to the Titanic, and yesterday's mutiny of the Wagner group  as it matched 200km. from eastern Ukraine toward Moscow before turning around. The leader of the Wagner group is Yevgeny Prigozhin, himself a felon and murderer. He is allegedly in Belorus in refuge, but no one has seen him. We continue locally to have many roadside fires, too. the Post fire is still burning SW if Benson. Today a smaller fire broke out near the city's transfer station.

We didn't discuss any of this. Bill talked about how much he is enjoying his political canvassing and may continue to do so in Tucson, where he gets $7 a signature.  I'm sure he's good at his job, as he is both a good talker and a good listener.



We were done in 1:40 hours and then went our separate ways.
The dogs weren't walked in the morning since I was running late, and they were in no mood to walk anywhere until 6:30pm when the sun slipped behind the mountains.  The neighborhood was quiet.  There were no chain saws, electric power equipment, kids screaming or dogs barking.  I didn't even hear birds chirp until I intentionally let the water from the hose overflow from the doggie pool, to create a temporary bird bath for the thirsty birds.

Triple-digit heat is expected all week long. No rain in the forecast until possibly July 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment