Sunday, June 18, 2023

Gretchen gets her shots

The heat has arrived.  This entire week has been hot and uncomfortable.  I stay up too late to get up before sunrise and miss out on the cooler mornings.  I have a hard time getting my miles in each day.  I strive for 5.5 miles, but have a hard time making four miles. By 8am it's already too hot for me.

Today I spent two hours at McD's in the late morning sipping iced coffee and working online, enjoying the air conditioning.  A manager came by to ask if I wanted a free Grimace shake ("We made one too many") and I took it.  Never had a Grimace shake before.  It tastes like very sweet grape koolaid.

I left at 2pm to drive home and take Gretchen to a vaccine clinic at Tractor Supply.  I walked in at 2:50pm and was the last client.  Gretchen barked at the dogs ahead of us, so I was politely told to stand away so that the other dogs wouldn't be stressed out.

Gretchen did calm down, but became a drama queen when it was her turn for the shots.  She was held down tightly.  She didn't bite the vet techs. She got the complete package, including rattle snake.  I paid $130 and was home by 5:30pm.

Sweetie's appointment is on the 26th.  I will request a blood test and xrays for her as she's restless and whimpers a lot. I hope to get all the other dogs taken care of by the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment