Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Summer solstice

 The heat is on!

I barely made it to the maintenance road for sunrise.  I didn't have the energy to drive far, or hike long, knowing that by 7am it would be 80F.  I took Fritz and we had a quick walk around the Ranchos San Pedro development, the area that five years ago was my go-to walking course.  Now too many new homes have taken over the area.


The stockpond is now dry again, and wont be refilled unless we have one strong monsoon season with a few hurricanes in the end.


I was back home by 7:30am and already getting tired from the heat.  I had two hours to rest before heading out to Bisbee with Gretchen to meet Steve at Jimmy's Hot dog Company.  We were here exactly fave years ago for a lunch treat, and just like last time, stopped in at the Old Bisbee Brewing Company.


We had good service today as we sat on the shaded sundeck.  I had a rootbeer float, Steve had his Mayan stout and then we took a slow mile-long stroll around Bisbee.  I tried to keep Gretchen in the shade.  We were all getting exhausted from the 90F heat.


When I got home at 3pm I was ready for a nap and did fall asleep for an hour until Susan called to update me about Sweetie.  She was restless and panting again. "You really need to call the vet and have her seen early."  She warned me that Sweetie would have to come back to me if she barked all night again.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment