Saturday, June 3, 2023

Full moon from the Newman trail

Sahne hit the jackpot today, walking almost seven miles three different times.


We started with a hot walk in the morning to the Hereford Pit.  All the water in the pit has dried up, which led me to want to check out the stock pond and its water level.  There's perhaps a week's worth of water in the pond.  It came up to Sahne's nipples.  She still enjoyed the cool dip.


The big hike was the full moon. 

I would have preferred a hike up Juniper Flats for the full moon, but didn't quite feel ready enough for the distance.  Instead, I opted for a new trail closer by.


The Newman trail starts at the Ramsey Cyn Rd parking lot and then follows the road for a mile.  It ends at S Richards road, when the  multi-use trail becomes the Cochise Vista trail.  Ramsey canyon road  is 3.8 miles long and travel westward going west and then southwest.


I got to the trailhead with Sahne at 5:15 and began walking.  Moon rise was at 5:23pm.  I quickly learned, though, that the view toward the southeast was covered by tall brush.  I didn't see the moon until 5:40pm


I walked another 0.4-mile on the Cochise Vista trail and then turned around at the PDS wildlife refuge as it was getting too dark.

It was a very quiet walk.  I must walk that area more often


No comments:

Post a Comment