Sunday, June 26, 2016

Day 23 - Spokane to Kalispel, Montana

The street was quiet when I got up. The cars that were ahead of me were gone. I had no reason to stay around so I got up to grab my battery charger. The van started up right away and I drove off through the sleeping town. I stopped at the Dutch Brothers' coffee shop for a large "wet" cappuccino, perhaps the worst one I've had through that coffee chain. I stayed on Second Street and kept driving east, into Spokane Valley and its gated hillside neighborhoods, let the dogs out to pee, and got on the interstate I-90 toward Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I wanted to see the city's lakefront but the entire northshore was blocked off due to a big triathalon. Just my luck again! After two exits of attempting a lakefront view and more road closures and detours, I gave up, got on I-90, turned around and went north on US95. Low fog was still in the nearby hills, but people were up early. The lakes along the way carried anglers fishing from rowboats as the morning sun rose and glistened over the water. I stopped in Ponderay for my morning breakfast.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment