Thursday, June 23, 2016

Day 20 Aberdeen to Yakima

I slept good again, too good. I didn't even hear workers coming into the nearby hotel rooms. Men were walking past me and the dogs were quiet. When I finally got up to drive away, I surely surprised some of the workers as they see the van leave when no one had come by to open the door. Half of the TravelLodge was closed for remodeling and I was parked in the remodeled area.

To no surprise, it was raining again. Today's plan was to drive east on US12 (Which starts in Aberdeen) to Yakima, 240 miles away. The one other hike along the way is a section of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) at White Pass. Once east of the PCT, the terrain will be dryer and warmer.

Traffic was steady. Part of US12 follows south along I-5, the same stretch I was on when I entered Washington more than a week ago. Lush green dairy farm dot the landscape.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment