Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 19: Forks to Aberdeen, WA

I slept well again overnight. When I got up at 5:15, both dogs were cuddling next to each other. The motel parking lot was quiet as I drove off to get coffee at the Mocha Motion drive-through. That 24-ounce of latter cost me $5.70! I was charged 50 cents extra for using a credit card. Coffee in Washington costs more than a pint of beer.

I drove down to the beach early. I was the first one there and already saw the eagles. La Push beach is one of the most active bald eagle gathering spots in the Lower 48. I saw several juveniles, hanging out in the tops of trees while their elders were farther away in the mudflats discussing today's business. The marina and the homes themselves all looked neglected, and one small house had a young German Shepherd Dog tethered to a pole with a "Go Away!" sign up front. How welcoming.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment