Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 21: Yakima's Cowiche Canyon to Palouse Falls

I was up early. The hotel was quiet. The few tenants were spread out among the three buildings. I shooed the dogs into the van to take them a block away to pee, then parked the van away from my front door to prevent them from barking at passers-by. They had left quite a bit of fur on the green-stained carpet, which I hopefully got all removed by wiping my Keens across the material.

I lay in bed reading more of my review book. "Lost Fathers" by Hisham Matar. It got me enraptured the more I read it. I'm now three books behind. It's hard to read books while on the road, or without a comfortable bed or couch to get comfortable in.

On my way to the closest McDonald's for the usual large Latte and three sausage biscuits (the dogs each get one), I learned that Britain voted yesterday to leave the European Union. I was stumped. I was not expecting that. But the immigration policies and the high taxes to the EU are what caused the Britons to revolt and leave. Will this now mean other countries will leave the EU as well? The global market plummetted today after the UK vote to leave the EU. What is next?! I wanted to sit in the restaurant ant listen more to the news, but I had hikes planned both in Cowiche Canyon and later in Palouse falls, three hours away.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment