Monday, October 4, 2021

Gretchen gets spayed

I had this appointment set up three weeks ago, thinking that getting her spayed would make it more appealing for her new owners.  It wasn't until I got to school that Paul told me that he and Tammy reconsidered getting two new dogs while moving into a new home.  Their older pomeranian Nikki had escaped from under their fence and  they spent the weekend figuring out how she did that. I was disappointed, but understood their concern I was willing to keep the dogs while they were settling into a new home. I guess now I'm stuck with these dogs now 

I took Gretchen on a mile-long walk before school, then put her in Kevin's truck where she waited to go to the vet for 45 minutes.  I kept her leash on her to make it easy on Kevin. I was thankful that he was feeling healthy enough to drive her into town to drop her off at the animal clinic. Susan was my back-up, but I hate bothering her for rhese pet issues.  "It's the least I can do" said Kevin.

Dr. Noble Jackson's low-cost vet service clinic is in the same place where the old VCA office once was, the veterinary clinic I was recommended when we first moved down here in late 2004.  Sadie had her puppy shots here, but I was disappointed in always having to wait 90 minutes for a mere check-up for her. VCA moved out and into a newer building west of SR 92.  The old VCA is now a boarding/grooming/vet service. 

I picked Gretchen up after school at 3:15pm.  She was looking groggy but was lucid enough to hop into my Honda and then head down to Susan's place where she would recover for the next six days, away from her more aggressive siblings.

I'm so grateful to Susan for giving me this break.  Gretchen is turning into a good dog

No comments:

Post a Comment