Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wolfie's first exam

 I had Wolf's exam scheduled the same day I had Zeke's appointment made.  I wanted to make sure he wasn't going to a new home with lingering health issues.  His big issue is his chronic diarrhea.  None of the other pups seem to have it.

I had to drop off a fresh stool sample with this visit. so right after school I raced home to get him on a walk in the 'hood, along the dirt road leading south.  Out and back this is just 1.8 miles, but he never relieved himself. 

He finally had to go as we got to the animal clinic.  As soon as his paws hit the desert dirt, he let out a big, soft pile.  Boy did that stiink!  The vet technician complained about that later on.

Dr Cristian A was my vet today.  He's the one who got Sammy ready for his euthenasia back in 2017, and who later saw Hansel with his testicular infection after his neutering last year.  He's a soft-spoken Mexican.  He prescribed two medications for Wolf: anti-diarrheal and anti-vomiting.

Wolf weighed in at 67 pounds.  Hansel has competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment