Saturday, December 12, 2009

What is now wrong with me?!










I'm sitting here typing this one-handedly as my left arm is practically lame. It started hurting yesterday afternoon in class but I thought nothing of it, but the pain got progressively worse as the night waned. Today I can barely move it and carrying heavy objects like Pache is difficult. And not that a six-month-old kitten is a lot of weight, but Pache is on the road to becoming a fat Siamese-mix cat with short legs.

But how did I do this? Did I dislocate the arm in my sleep somehow? (I sleep deeply and don't toss around.) Did I plow into a wall and don't remember it?!

It's hard to pet the dogs with just my right hand as they all want love at once.

"I feel like Senator Dole with my arm hanging down" I said to Kevin as I walked into the kitchen with my left arm hanging limply by my side. Dole's right arm was partially paralyzed in combat during WWII. (He is known to stick a pen in his right fist to prove his arm still has some use.) Dole is a very likable Republican from Kansas who ran as a curmudgeon against Clinton in 1996. Known for his hawkish stance when in time of crisis, Dole also has a heart for military veterans.

My last final is Monday...and then I can relax for three weeks in the evening and get caught up with recreational reading (US History books). I'm slowly getting into the holiday spirit as I'm listening to a large assortment of free holiday songs I downloaded from iTunes and Amazon.

More rain is due late Sunday with snow in the peaks again. I may never hike up Carr this month at this rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment