Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We got snow!!!















I was up at 5am (3am for doggie pee break) and when I stood in the kitchen drinking my hazelnut coffee, I saw snow. SNOW! It was too dark to see the grandeur, but as soon as the sun came out I was outside with my tripod. Later, when the sun was over the horizon, I was in my garden photographing the beauty. Then, by 11am, when I tired of the cold and snow, it all started to melt. Now all that is left is a wet mess. This snow wasn't forecasted to last past noon.

Sadie didn't seem too impressed with the white stuff, and Apache was terrified of that cold, wet stuff under his paws. But for a few hours, at least, all dog shit was hidden under the snow. Yay! This also means that what once was frozen has been reconstituted...yuck.

Neighborhood birds gathered around our feeder feasting on the seeds I put out again. There were more than usual around the avian commons area.

We are going to get freezing overnight temps for the next three days. Another blizzard is due across the central Rocky States and the Midwest, with freezing rain in the Chicago area the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment