Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another storm due in tonight







The cold front that was forecasted to hit us today is now part of a new storm blowing in from the Northwest. Even Tucson's mountains are expecting 1-3 inches of snow and "rain in the vallies." Does that include us here on the border? The Chicago area is expecting ice storms later this week that will be from this storm. Even Tony in Kansas said last night they are due a real snowstorm finally.

Kevin left two hours ago for the Tucson airport. I got up to join him for coffee and when he left I walked outside for a block. It was windy, but mild. The houses around us are dark because no one lives in them, but there are a few well-lighted homes I want to photograph later. Even our Mexican neighbors across the street have blue "icycles" from the roof.

The thermostat read 50F at 6am and Sara wanted to be on the backporch chilling. (All the dogs slept soundly last night, probably because of the exercise!) No one whimpered to be let outside to pee at 3am.

It's still very dark out but KVOA is predicting snow for the area north and northeast of us. I have nothing planned this morning but to read one book I owe a review on and then to clean out part of the garage, a promise I made Kevin five years ago. I may find stuff claimed loss all these years!

It's going to be a lonely few days before Christmas but I hope to get some stuff done around the house. I had three great days of hiking now and I want more, but I also need to clean up my clutter. My office is starting to remind me of my dad's office. Scary.

PS--Heavy windstorms around Casa Grande caused a 22-car pile-up on I-10 this morning. Three people were killed, including two siblings. How tragic! This made national news. That area is prone to sandstorms and every year there are deadly accidents due to low visibility.
http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/322450

No comments:

Post a Comment