Saturday, March 19, 2022

Erin's last day in AZ and it was a good one

It was a great day with my daughter. I had a hike planned with her and friends Susan, Holly and Steve (Ellen couldn't make it) at 9am in Brown Canyon. I had to get up early to walk Gretchen and Sweetie before she got to the RV at 830. I gave Minnie her meds, forced Gretchen in the house (I didn't want her on the hike, nor alone in the RV) and took off with Erin and Sweetie.

Taking Sweetie was a good choice as she got along well with Holly's pugs Teddy and Milly and Steve's dog Trace, and stayed near me. Gretchen would have wanted to chase anything that moved.
We parked at the Brown Canyon trail head and walked the first road 0.25 mile to the ranch house trail, then diverted off that trail to walk past both ponds. We rested at the pond, then went toward the ranch house, looked inside, and continued into the canyon 
"Ooh, now I like this trail! said Erin as we entered the wide, rockfree trail!and I decided to continue into the canyon to show her the hidden falls, rustic mining equipment, a pioneer gravesite, a scenic overlook, and the pet cemetery. The loop was just over five miles, so a mile longer than forecasted and Erin said she enjoyed the hike and meeting my friends.

I had planned on taking Erin to the Copper Hop Ranch Brewery afterward with Steve, as they make good cider there. And Erin liked it there as well, sitting outside sipping a variety of ciders, cuddling with Trace and chatting with Steve. She had five ciders, the most I've ever seen her drink at once.

It was a nice afternoon and I'm glad taking her to the nanobrewery is something she enjoyed.

The evening ended with a surprise drive into Tucson where Erin and I met up with Eric and Margaret at the Yard House restaurant.  It's in the Park Place Mall.  The food was ok and way overpriced, but the company was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment