Monday, March 7, 2022

Lower Hunter Canyon (short loop)

The school district has now made wearing masks optional beginning today. The vast majority of staff and students were maskless, including me. 

Gas prices rose another 30 cents today, to $4.29 at the Speedway I use. This large price surge is insane. I don't even want to drive anywhere anymore.  

The Russians are now in the 12th day of the Ukrainian invasion. They are heading toward Odessa now. A top Russian general, Vitaly Gerasimov, from the 41st Army was killed when a command post was bombed near Kharkiv. This is the second high-ranking Russian officer killed.

But I did, to lower Hunter Canyon where Ellen led a large group of 20 people and seven dogs, including Sahne, who initially lunged at SteveD's Morgan and then at a 6-month old Malinois. She calmed down quickly and showed no other aggression toward the other dogs once we got started.
Helen asked me to sweep up the rear, perhaps to keep Sahne out of the spotlight. I didn't get to talk much with new members as I was in the rear for most of this 2.5- mile hike.

I got more trash ready for tomorrow's trash pickup, then walked Gretchen and Sweetie for the third time around the block. We're back to low 30s again. I'm tired of this cold. Ok up

No comments:

Post a Comment