Friday, July 12, 2019

Taste of Chicago

Spent early morning getting paperwork ready for the Coyne Veterinary Center, a multi-service establishment a mile away.  They took Zeke overnight, which was a godsend, because otherwise our day in Chicago at the Taste of Chicago would have been miserable, and I would have pissed off Iris.  She only had to wait 20 minutes for me to come back from the vet center.  I realize I should have made sure the paperwork was approved yesterday.

Iris and I ended up walking 8.3 miles in the city, arriving early in the afternoon.  The entrance to the food festival was near the Millenium Plaza and the end station of the South Shore.  There were plenty of vendors from a varied culinary focus, but we both agreed that Mexican was still the dominant cuisine.  Mexican food is very good, but I want something more exotic when I'm at a food festival, like Indian, Polynesian, Thai or even German or Russian.

We got about three tastes for the $20 we each paid for sample sizes.  We both left after two hours still feeling hungry!

We took the 7:10pm South Shore back, arriving at 8:40pm back in Crown Point

No comments:

Post a Comment