Sunday, July 21, 2019

Ha Ha Tonka State Park, Missouri

The Ha Ha Tonka State Park was originally planned for my drive to Indiana, but I had to cancel due to flood waters and tornado damage in the area.  This is a pretty little state park worth driving out of one's way to experience.

I didn't arrive until mid afternoon, still in a heat wave but cooler than yesterday.  I parked near the Castle ruins, walked up the paved path to the ruins, and decided to extend the hike by hiking several of the many smaller trails.  After gawking at the ruins, I continued on the 1.5-mile quarry trail, then added the natural bridge trail to this.  The grand total was only a mere 3.6 miles and I could have hiked more, but I was heated and hungry and Zeke needed a break, too.

We had a nice meal at the Rocky Top Bar and Grill, a local hang-out where I was waited on by the manager.

Stopped at Woods Grocer in Sunrise Beach in the evening, where I ended for the night when a strong storm blew through at 9pm.

More later 

No comments:

Post a Comment