Monday, July 29, 2019

First hike back in Arizona


It was more of a walk than a hike.  At 5:40am, just before sunrise, I took all four dogs on a three-mile walk around the Rancho San Pedro area.  The sky was shrouded in clouds and it was cool until after the sun rose.  I finally had energy to start my morning regimen again.  The heat here really tires me out.

The dogs were happy to finally get out again.  I know Kevin didn't walk them in my absence.  Minnie had noticeably gained some weight and I'm concerned for her.  While she did finish the walk, she was panting heavily, and drooled at the mouth on the short drive home.  When we got home, she plopped in the water trough and stayed there for an hour, still panting.  I'm going to have to be easy on her from now on, perhaps exclude her from the longer hikes, and increase her glucosamine.

I didn't see too many wildflowers in bloom except for the yellow sennas.  One of our century plants started growing a stalk before I left for Indiana.  That stalk is now in bloom.  The plant will die once the flowers die.  Grass in our backyard isn't as lush as I had expected.  Kevin said the monsoon will kick in again in August.












































No comments:

Post a Comment