Saturday, October 3, 2009

A cold, gentle rain

A cold, gentle rain started falling this morning at 3am. It's been drizzling ever since. I didn't bother meeting for Brenda's hike at 7:30am as it was coming down hard then.

Instead, I cleaned up around the house a bit. It needs major attention. My internet is still out, Qwest won't help unless I get a techician out to check the lines for $85 (thanks, Qwest!) AND they want me to take off work for that. I told them I couldn't do that since I work on call as it is. Time is money and I can't afford to give any more time to Qwest. This is my third internet outage in the year I've had Qwest. None of the lines in the house work now.

No hike today means perhaps a hike tomorrow, just to get out, unless there's more rain forecasted. I have a lot of research to do, though, so I will be spending more time there to get some papers started.

Fall is here for real. With this rain comes a cold front, the cows are happy and so are the ranchers, and I lament the end of pleasant hiking weather. But perhaps the cool-weather vegetables will start growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment