Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's hunting season!

I totally forgot about deer hunting season when I took all three dogs for a walk in Hunter Canyon. I guess the name of the canyon should have been a hint, eh?

Although there was no one hunting, the dogs let me know it was hunting season when both Sadie and then Sammy sat on the ground and began chewing on discarded deer legs near our turn-around point.

Mmm, deer legs! They make great dog treats! They are so tasty even Sammy growled at me when I tried to get the leg out his mouth. He wanted none of that, and he certainly wasn't about to share his treat with his packmates. And Sara somehow managed to steal Sadie's find, leaving one dog out of the loop.

At least the hunters could have been nice enough to leave at least three legs behind!

The chewed-up deer legs ended up going home with us. I'm sure there isn't much left of the legs and whatever there is still remaining will be picked up the next time I de-shit the backyard.

Leaves haven't been falling much, but right now I hear the wind picking up outside. I covered the strawberries with oak leaves for tomorrow's first frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment