Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our first winter storm

Winds howled all night long. I could hear things bump in the night. When I toured the yards after sunrise I picked up six dead palm fronds (always a good thing!) and rearranged some garden stuff that had gotten strewn around, but otherwise was pleased that there was no real damage anywhere.

I even called Linda to make sure she was OK; she replied that they had left the campsite yesterday and got a hotel room in Payson. I'm glad they are safe.

We didn't get any snow in the peaks although there's dark grey fog over the summits so perhaps there is some up there. We got some cold rain overnight but the temperatures didn't dip that badly. It was 45F at 6am. The wind is still howling and it's "warmed up" to 48F. It won't get much warmer than that today, but it will warm up some more before Saturday when I am hiking up Mount Wrightson with Steve and Bill. I sure hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew. That mountain can be relentless in stormy weather. If there is snow there then I'm probably leaving Sadie at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment