Friday, October 23, 2009

Heading up to Fossil Creek

Although my departure is still at least two hours away, I'm heading up North with Sadie to meet up with Linda and Mike from IN. They called last night with information on the campground; I'll be there early tomorrow morning.

When I leave tonight I'll make it to the north side of PHX and will camp in the national forest. The rest of the drive at sunrise is another two hours. By 9am we will make it to the Fossil Creek trail and back and enjoy a good day together, with a campout and another hike Sunday morning before we head back. Linda and Mike will stay a few more days before driving back to Indiana.

Fossil Creek was once closed to the public when the Childs Nuclear Power plant was in operation, but that thing was torn down in 2005 and the creek restored to its more natural beauty. However, with more city people comes more trash, more crime, more drugs and the forest service is busy arresting people.

"Bring protection!" told me Donna on my Facebook this morning. I may just do that.

There's also an area known for its "clothin optional" attire. I'll let Sadie romp in the nude, but I'll be my more Puritan self. I'd hate to piss off the Mormon men out there for a peek...

No comments:

Post a Comment