Thursday, September 8, 2022

TS Kay moving our way

This morning's walk with Gretel and Gretchen was a warm 66F with overcast skies.  The high clouds are the northern front to TS Kay that is moving northwest off the Baja Peninsula.  We had these clouds all day, creating both colorful sun rise and sunset colors.


I learned during a break in class that Queen Elizabeth II died in her Balmoral castle in Scotland.  She had just greeted the new PM of the UK, Liz Truss, on Tuesday there.  She reigned for 70 years, breaking any monarchal record.  Her son Charles will now be King Charles III.  There will be ten days of funereal ceremonies in the UK and the US media is also showing them.  This country fought off the tyranny of King George III in the 1770s-1790s.  Why continue to idolize monarchs today?!?!  I'd rather cuddle with any of my dogs.


I took Hansel, Gretel, Gretchen and Sweetie down the maintenance road after my stint with 8th-grade science students that left me questioning my competence.  Either I am losing my touch, or kids today are little Trumpies always demanding whatever they want.  This walk was therapeutic for me as I needed to walk off some stress.  I'm going to avoid the middle school as much as possible moving forward.


The sky continued to be overcast the rest of the day.  It was warm and humid going into the night. I'm hoping this means a good rain tomorrow night.


I went to bed with a wolf spider on the ceiling.  This must be an indicator of drenching rains?  Spiders don't like getting wet.  The spider never moved while I was awake. Hopefully it can take care of any flies or mosquitoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment