Monday, September 19, 2022

The old beaver dam

It was another sunny and mild day. I slept in and didn't walk any dogs until i took all four dogs down to Lehner Kill site to walk the wash down to the river to the old beaver dam

The grass, as everywhere else, is overgrown  now starting to dry up. I looked like I had a fight with a porcupine by the time I got to the main trail, from the many long, thin seeds stuck to my clothing.

It's only 1.3 miles to the river from the wash, but I treated carefully through the grass. Once at the river the dogs were all happy to be in the water. I let them frolic until they got tired.

The water at the old beaver dam is deep enough for the dogs to swim in. Only Hansel likes to swim and fetch. The others were happy just to squish their toes in the mud.
And boy, did they all get muddy, especially Gretel and Gretchen who both tussled with each other in the mud. Neither dog appreciated the attempted shower, either, when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment