Friday, July 1, 2022

Morning rain

I love rainy days.  Most monsoonal rain comes in the late afternoon or evening.   Today I woke up to thunder east of me over the Mule Mountains.  The sky was dark but a refreshing and breezy 67F energized me.  I knew I had to get up and walk Gretchen quickly before the rain.


I was out of the RV by 5:51am.  The sky was dark to my east.  Lightning let me know that a storm was coming.  This was a nice surprise, as the radar didn't show any storms coming my way overnight.  This was a slow-moving storm. 

I stayed within my immediate neighborhood and just walked up and down around the usual streets: Linda Vista, Brickey, Madalein; a perfect square mile.  This way I could dart back home should the rain come while walking.

I managed 2.25 miles with Gretchen.  I took Sweetie out of her slumber and got her to get out of the truck to pee, then took her to the street corner and back.  It was drizzling now, and at 6:47am it began to rain. Hard.  I made both dogs go inside the RV.


And it was a steady rain until 10:40am, longer than predicted!  I was revelling in this.  Gretchen and Sweetie looked bored looking at me from the small couch, but I sat in the bedroom area binge watching the entire first season of "Catastrophe" via Amazon Prime.  I had seen seasons two and three a few years prior when it was free for Prime members and now I got caught up to the premiere season.  It's a well-written, well-acted show, albeit a bit raunchy at times.  It was Carrie Fisher's last acting before dying of a heart attack flying from London back to New York City. 

The skies cleared in the early afternoon and tthen I took the  RV dogs to the river, where I met Susan and Allie. Humidity was back up to 58%, but at least the sun was out and the dogs got some romping time. We only walked  just under two miles as both Allie and Sweetie are older, arthritic dogs.  Sweetie's arthritis seems to be progressing faster than Minnie's ever did.

The trail going north from Hereford Road was not as muddy as expected, but it soon will be as more rain is expected over the weekend.  The river was muddy but not swiftly flowing.  Soon the grass along the trail will overgrow the path and make it harder to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment