Sunday, June 26, 2022

Y lightning road and the rain

I love early walks on Sunday mornings.i It's always peaceful. Today I began my walk in a heavy overcast sky. It looked like rain, but it only drizzled briefly. 
 
I wanted to walk a different route today. Rather than walking east on Hereford Road to the gravel pit, 1.5 miles from Hereford road and SR92, I opted to turn north on Y Lightning Ranch Road.  I had never been on this road for its entirety. Adobe and slump brick homes on 2-4 acres, mostly fenced surrounded by mesquite and prickly pear cactus, adorned the road. No frontyard dogs except one curious older Great Dane to bother Gretchen.
 

Y Lightning Ranch Road is just under two miles long.  More new construction is coming up to the east of the road where homes are selling at a starting price of $499,999. I turned west on Calle Alemendra, a dirt road along a wash that I'm sure is a flood zone during heavy monsoons.  Horses and big dogs live on the property here and the lots are smaller, but adorned with mature trees and yard junk. 

Calle de Alemendra turns into Jaxxel  and I continued south here, heading back to Hereford road and home.  Gretchen seems to enjoy this route, but once home I walked Sweetie for a block.

Overcast skies turned to rain clouds by  3:30pm and it rained steadily for several hours.  I walked both dogs one more lap before dark before it rained again, this time more gently for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment