Wednesday, July 20, 2022

More rain


 I was tired this morning, but I wanted to see if there was any flash flood damage in the area.  Gretchen is now used to this routine and waits for me to leash her up to go outside.  She willingly goes the route she had become familiar with.


It was cloudy and humid (81 percent).  I opted to walk the Y Lightning Ranch Road route to see how the dirt roads looked.  I didn't see anything bad other than fresh water marks and debris pushed down the roads by fast-flowing water.  There weren't many puddles in the road as I was expecting.  I did notice wildflowers finally popping up.  The mountains are greening, too.


Again it got hot fast.  Today's cooling drive was just in town for  fast-food breakfast and a stop at the Angry German, a German cafe that opened a year ago in town, but which has operating hours only during the week from 0730 to 1430, so a place I can't visit during the school week.


Rain today fell shortly after sunset, with another dramatic sunset.  The storm wasn't as violent as yesterday's


No comments:

Post a Comment