Sunday, February 13, 2022

Papago Springs ramble

 I had wanted to make another recycling run in Tucson with Steve today, but he reminded me that it would be in the upper 70s there and sunny.  I opted to walk around the rolling hills south of Sonoita, the Papago Springs area.  Gretel was my dog companion.

I was a little late getting started.  Despite getting up to walk Gretchen and Sweetie, I also had to walk Hansel who insisted on napping in the Honda overnight.  I got all dogs walked by 8:30am and had logged in four miles even before leaving the house to pick up Steve.  It was after 11am before Steve and I even got started on our walk.

We parked on the east side of Papago Springs Road, entering via a horse entrance.  I like starting here, along a high meadow and an old ranch road.  This old road dips into a shallow canyon with an active horse trough, back up another hill and an old dam before the trail turns back north through interesting sedentary rock formations.


tbc 

No comments:

Post a Comment