Thursday, December 10, 2020

Rain!

Rain is always a big deal here in southern Arizona.  It had been forecasted to arrive overnight.  By 3:30am it was coming down hard, pouring over the north patio and creating puddles where the dogs like to lay in the dirt.  We hadn't gotten any rain since early September.  

This storm came in slowly, after a mild, near wind-free Thursday after taking five of the six dogs down to the river.  (Sadie stayed home, being more interested in a soup bone)  This rain finally feels more like a real winter here.

I walked Hansel with Zeke and Sweetie before sunrise this morning, in a steady and cool drizzle.  Normally I bundle up in this kind of weather, but this morning it felt refreshing.  The rain clouds created a very dark walk, with no ambient light to guide me.

The three dogs did well.  Hansel didn't pull as much as normal. The cool rain didn't seem to bother them at all. This would be Hansel's last walk for a while, because at 7:30am he had an appointment for his neutering and would need to stay calm for ten days.  (Good luck with that!).  

The rain had stopped before I took off for work at 6:30am.  The clouds lingered over the mountains but the valley was clear. I got to the animal clinic early, walking Hansel up and down the pavement along SR92 just to give him some exercise.  I took him through some areas off the highway that I discovered were hidden campsites for the homeless, riddled with trash and camp gear. 

He both pooped and peed one last time before I dropped him off and went to school.  I was only 20 minutes late, but my co-worker covered for me.  I had told her yesterday about this morning's appointment.  She only had to watch over two students.

When I came by the clinic after school at 3:15pm to pick him up, I found out that he hadn't even been seen yet.  I bit my tongue.  "Come by after 4pm, we will call you when he's ready to go home!"  That was just enough for me to wait until the last minute to pick Hansel up before the clinic closed, relaxing with Kevin on the back patio and then taking Gretel for a 2-mile walk around the 'hood before picking Hansel up.  I know I am not the most patient client at this clinic, but I feel my treatment is below acceptable.  I really need to find a new animal clinic.  What keeps me at the clinic I am now is Dr. Moffett.  She is one of the best DVMs in Sierra Vista.  (She is not the DVM who neutered Hansel, though).

The poor boy whimpered all night long, yet was too drugged up to hop on the bed for a head or belly rub while we were in bed.



***

Global cases: 69,459,499

Global deaths:1,586,329

US cases: 15,833,682 (+227,282)

US deaths: 296,745 (+3306)

AZ cases: 382,601 (+4444)

AZ deaths: 7081 (+104)

CA cases: 1453,614 (+30,931)

CA deaths: 20.462 (+224)

IN cases: 398,417 (+5754)

IN deaths 6506 (+96)

PA cases 451,154 (+8626)

PA deaths 11,878 (+256)

No comments:

Post a Comment