Friday, December 25, 2020

A quiet Christmas


We had no plans.  This was our stay-at-home covid Christmas.  Kevin wished me a "Merry Christmas" when he got up early in the morning and that was the only sign it was a holiday.  It took me several years to get over his "no presents exchange," but I'm ok with it now. It's been years since I stayed home for Christmas and with everyone either recovering from covid or in danger with catching it, it is better to stay home.

Yesterday and today were colder than usual.  This morning I stepped outside and noticed it had rained overnight.  This was the rain that had moved in yesterday afternoon; the clouds were visible during my river walk with Susan. (This may be Sadie's last walk on the river) The morning sky was still shrouded in rain clouds, creating a pretty sunrise I enjoyed with Zeke around the 'hood.


We had no dinner, either.  Instead, I drove into town to get some Vietnamese food from My place.  My Place is one of two restaurants that are open every day.  I had kimchi with chicken, Kevin had Mongolian beef.

The big news was a bombing in downtown Nashville, which investigators determined was an intended suicide attack by a 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner.  He used his old RV as the bomb source and had it rigged to a timer.  The bomb destroyed 42 buildings in the historic art district.  And nature writer Barry Lopez died of prostate cancer at age 75.  He and his wife had to evacuate their home in Oregon earlier this summer which was destroyed by a wild fire. What a sad event to experience while dying from cancer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/obituaries/barry-lopez-dead.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage


No comments:

Post a Comment