Thursday, November 5, 2020

On Quarantine again

 This is getting old.

I slept in due to being up all night watching election results and didn't wake up until after 5:07am. There is still no decided winner as the race is too close and some key states haven't reported their results yet.  Biden was in the lead at 10pm local time.  

I still kept to my morning schedule: I skipped the shower and took Sweetie and Zeke on a 2.15-mile loop around the 'hood.  Then I drove off to school for a productive morning. On Wednesdays students stay home and do all work online (only 42% of work is submitted, though, frustrating the principal)

At around noon an official who never identified herself said I was exposed to a student who came down with covid and that I must leave immediately and not return until the 16th.  "Make sure you take all your things with you, as you can't come back!" she said, reminding me twice to pull my mask up above my nose.  Those masks slip downward when talking and make for a nuisance.

Needless to say, I was not happy.  Every student is supposed to be tested for temperature when coming to school, and somehow this sick person was allowed in?  How often am I going to be put on quarantine?  And getting my employers to help me is slow and reluctant, with everyone seemingly out of the office.

Well, at least I can get my four miles a day in easier and not have to get up in the dark.  I must remain positive.  I contacted Susan and she and I were able to get together at 3:40pm.  Sadie stayed at home so I only had five dogs (only! ha) as the ran through the water.  I love watching Minnie swim calmly around.  I'm doing these river walks for her as it's the only way she can get exercise.  The river hasn't lost much water recently and the water looks good.

Sunset is now at 5:28pm (sunrise at 6:41am), so we didn't have much time to play with.  The walks are slow for Minnie's sake.  When we got back to the cars I noticed I didn't have the car key with me.  In near panic, with little daylight left, Susan volunteered to have me call Triple A for help, but then suggested we walk back a bit to retrace our path.  Sure enough, there was my red lanyard with the key attached.  Bright-colored lanyards make the best key chains as I saw the red before I saw the grey key attached to it.

We met Bob briefly who is happy with the election results, adding that once Trump is out of office he will be tried for funneling monies from Putin into his account, which is why Trump is fighting hard to keep his tax records a secret. Bob still has friends working for the CIA so I consider his information reliable.

Still no election results by the end of the day, with Biden at 264 electorates and Trump at 213 and now wanting to sue all the states where Biden is in the lead.  This shit with Trump is never going to end.


I got home after sunset.  At least all the dogs got their exercise.  

I feel I have lost some weight this past week.  I can't eat when under stress and my heart feels like it's been racing faster than it should since January 20, 2017. 

***

Cases are spiking in the US again

Global cases 48450354

Global deaths: 1238,037

US cases: 9,801,306 (+107,584)

US deaths: 239,829 (+1203)

Italy cases: 790,377 (+30,540) ranked #12 globally

Italy deaths 39,764 (+352)

AZ casts: 250,633 (+815) 2318 in Cochise County (+58)

AZ deaths: 6059 (+39) 76 in Cochise County (+1)

TX cases 988,325 (+9847)

TX deaths 18,904 (+150)

WI cases: 244,002 (+5935)

WI deaths  2156 (+54)

No comments:

Post a Comment