Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Chill in the air

 It turns out that there was a second case of covid at the high school last week and now the school's on lockdown for a month.  We have gone to distant learning for that duration.  While this cuts down on commuting, it really cuts down on my privacy. Where can I have a Google Meet with my students when the pups always want to be next to me? The dogs won't leave me alone even after a brisk two-mile walk.  My only choice is to shut them out of the bedroom as they nap on the patio or hallway.


Today I had prep hour for the first two hours, allowing me to walk four dogs (minus Sadie and Minnie) around the old maintenance road.  Frost was on my windshield but that didn't stop me from getting that defrosted and on my way to where I normally park the car and take off, first going north to where the new ranch house is getting built.  It was 35F at sunrise and my ears felt it!

The ranch house looks to be a three-car garage built to it.  There are four cattle on the property: two bulls, a cow and a calf.  We walked the perimeter of the fenceline.  The dogs chased the cattle briefly but then one of the bulls became protective of the herd and charged us, stopping just short of the concertina fence.  I hope this taught the pups a lesson.  I do enjoy watching the dogs have fun, chasing each other.  The cold didn't seem to slow any of them down.

Trump still refuses to concede the election results.  He's trying hard to set Biden up for failure. That and the coronavirus seem to be the only thing on the news.

TBC

***

Global cases: 51,458,251

Global deaths: 1,280,112

US cases: 10,428,465 (+129,111)

US deaths: 244,519 (+661)

AZ cases: 259,699 (+435)

AZ deaths: 6164 

CA cases: 983,371 (+3191)

CA deaths 18,005 (+7)

IN cases: 214,509 (+4135)

IN deaths: 4664 (+35)

PA cases: 239,724 (+4562)

PA deaths: 9106 (+6)

No comments:

Post a Comment