Saturday, August 22, 2020

Please, let it rain

I got to walk the dogs for a short 1.3 miles on the ATV road.  It was a breezy 76F. Minnie came along and walked the whole distance.  Only Sadie stayed home.  She is still able to walk and get around, eat and enjoy her treats, but she is now watching life from the sidelines.

It was a pretty pastel sunrise, but the colors didn't last long at all.  As soon as the sun rose, the pastels turned into a grey haze.

I'm now starting to see more markers across my old walking route.  The area that is now fenced in belongs to ERA real estate.  Stakes are going up with pink streamers where utility boxes will go up.  And that big hole that was dug up over a month ago looks to be a water tank or power station.  Nothing has been built anywhere.  Everything is all still preliminary work.

The pups will never get to experience that open field like the big dogs once did.  We are losing our free-roaming land for development.  The entire southern section of SR92 will one day belong to Sierra Vista.  My question going into the future is asking if we have enough water to sustain all this growth.

I'm still watching San Fancisco's KPIX-CBS for updates on the Bay area fires.  Eric texted me later in the day saying he and Margaret are back in their apartment but must remain vigilant.  The area is expecting potentially severe t-storms later this weekend, with more lighting.

It was another hot day that I spent at home.  I didn't venture out until just before sunset, when I took the pups for a mile around the neighborhood.  Again Gretel went ballistic seeing other dogs, but there were far fewer out walking today.  I dropped her off at the house after the first lap, then went another block with just Hansel and he did beautifully, staying close to me and looking up for approval.

The sky over the mountains looked stormy, but we didn't get any rain until late at night, when I was already in bed.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/08/21/live-bay-area-fire-updates-firefighters-forced-to-rescue-residents-who-refused-to-flee-czu-complex/

***

Global cases: 23,237,215
Global deaths: 809,155
US cases: 5,801,924
US deaths: 179,293
AZ cases: 196,899 (+619)
AZ deaths 4688 (+4)
IN cases: 84,317 (+1040)
IN deaths (+17)

No comments:

Post a Comment