Monday, August 3, 2020

Hansel's first sunrise walk; new development coming

It was a cool morning, a perfect morning to get up early and walk the dogs.  Sunrise at 5:39am was mostly overcast, with a clear sky just above the mountains.
I spoke my usual "You guys ready?" cue and all the dogs except Sadie came running.  Even the two pups!  And both pups jumped into the Honda without an issue.  But then Gretel jumped back out when I took the beer cans that SteveT had given me to recycle to the can bin. They had still been in the back of the car and I needed to remove them for now.  Gretel didn't seem interested in going back into the car, so I let her back into the yard.  She did not protest being alone.
So now I was with Sweetie, Minnie, Zeke and Hansel for the usual maintenance road jaunt.  Hansel fit right in, running with the big dogs through the grass and occasionally looking back at me for approval. He is proving himself to be a high-energy, high prey drive dog.
The stockpond is still dry and will most likely be dry until we get some hurricane rains. I walked north toward the dry creek crossing but didn't want to go much farther due to Minnie having a hard time.  From there I saw a new fence that had never been there before right off the dirt road.  I had to explore this.    What is going up here?  It looks like a 1/4 acre lot going up, but there is no signage stating what it is, nor any construction equipment except for barbed wire.  The plants have all been cleared now.
The dogs ran across the closed-off area as the morning sun came up.  At least I didn't have to worry about any of them getting poked by cacti.  I made this construction site my turn-around point, wondering all along the changes this new construction will mean for walking my dogs going forward.  I can still take them out along the creek bed, the ruins, and perhaps get a three-mile walk in.  But new construction always means more traffic, more people, less solitude.
***

Global cases: 18,337,457 
Global deaths: 697,111
US cases: 4,821,507 (+49,197)
US deaths: 158,457 (+482)
AZ cases: 178,467 (+1,465) Cochise County: 1586
AZ deaths: 3,765 (+18) Cochise County: 49
IN cases: 67,857 (+735) Lake County: 7080
IN deaths: 2975 (+4) Lake County: 285

No comments:

Post a Comment