Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Cold rain

As predicted, a cold front moved across southern Arizona.  It began with cloudy skies.  By noon the drizzle came and by late afternoon a steady rain.  The front yard had small puddles when I got home. I did not walk the dogs.

When the clouds cleared overnight, new snow on the peaks appeared.  I'm glad I got to bag Miller peak before this new snow, but I'm also glad we got more precipitation.  This winter has been good for our mountains and flora.

Today was Super Tuesday.  I didn't watch the results, but got up late at night to read headlines.  Former Vice President Biden won more states than predicted: Texas, Tennessee, Minnesota, Massachusetts.  Senator Bernie Sanders won California and Colorado.  Biden now has enough delegates to be a contender for Sanders moving forward.  I guess that is the one good piece of news so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment