Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Cold drizzle


I took the pack out for a sunrise (6:31am) walk.  I could already see the storm clouds moving north from Mexico.  It was 48F and windy.  Because of the clouds, there was no evident sunrise, so it was just another walk on the maintenance road.

I discovered a makeshift campsite just inside the maintenance road.  It's not visible from the highway nor from the road.  I just happened to stumble into it. Wonder how long that has been there?!

SeanY was out taking photographs just north of the creek, so I turned around to avoid him.  The dogs were already barking.  There wasn't much to photograph besides the clouds.

We made it back to the car before any rain.  An hour later the drizzle began. The rain became stronger in the afternoon.  This rain then lasted for most of the evening.  I like it when it rains here, but it was a cold rain.  Our rain is the start of a big storm moving northeast.


I found my first wildflower today.  So that is the good news for the day.


Kevin's favorite drinking hole in town, Applebee's, closed indefinitely after today

Virus cases in Arizona have jumped to 27, and numbers are much  higher everywhere. Time to bury my head in the desert.


***

New York
2,382
Washington
1,012
California
596
Florida
308
New Jersey
267
Louisiana
240
Massachusetts
218
Georgia
197
Colorado
183
Illinois
160
Pennsylvania
133
Maryland
85
Minnesota
77
Virginia
77
Tennessee
73
Wisconsin
72
Connecticut
68
Ohio
67



No comments:

Post a Comment