Thursday, January 31, 2013

Carr Falls in ice

I was off work yesterday and decided late in the morning to take the dogs to the seasonal falls to check out the ice formations. We were there for 90 minutes. Yes, there is ice there and yes, walking on icy rocks is dangerous.

There were no other cars around when the van full of excited dogs pulled up to park. We went straight up the footpath. Despite the icy water, the dogs still went right into it. Minnie especially had fun. The two other dogs stayed back with me and followed me.

Because of the ice and because of Sammy and Sara, I did not go far up the fall. I heard one large block fall off a bridal veil and crash on the rocks below. I didn't want to be another careless statistic. And besides, most people who get injured here are reckless teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment