Saturday, January 20, 2024

A pleasant birthday surprise

Just as my colleagues promised, CC and Taylor came by the house at 10am, bringing another colleague, Melody, with them.  They also brought their husbands!  All came by to help remove the burned out debris in the back yard, all the bulky stuff I couldn't haul myself over the years.  


CC brought her truck-trailer, and used that to haul off two big loads for the city dump.  Everyone worked so hard.  The men did the carrying and hauling, the women did the front yard trimming.

The dogs were all at their best behavior.  Even Fritz won everyone's hearts.  What I thought would take a few hours took all day.  We didnt' rap up until sunset.  Neighbors like Chris and Ana came by to chat while we were taking a water break at 2:30pm. 

I was humbled.  I finally realize that I'm at that age now where hard physical work is hard on me (my back) and that I need help.  Everyone today provided that.  I should have asked sooner.

The big thing was moving the RV from the driveway to CC's driveway in town, where it won't be an eye soar on her larger lot.

And, starting tonight, I will be sleeping at CC's house until the house has been repaired.  This could take months!

No comments:

Post a Comment