Sunday, November 5, 2023

Bisbee walkabout with Gretel


 It was a calm, mild, autumn day in the low 80s.  I had to do something, so I took Gretel with me to Bisbee in the late morming.  Bill's in Florida doing some political surveying so I didn't have to get to town a too early.  I wanted to stop at the Kafka cafe after the scheduled musicians were done so as to not stress Gretel out with a large crowd.


I got to Kafka after most people had left.  It was 12:20pm and the place closes at 1pm, so that gave me just enough time to enjoy a cafe mocha.  That place makes excellent coffees and I like Leasa and Bruce.


Even Gretel was at her best behavior and sat quietly.

I left at 1pm to start my walk, walking along OK Street to its end, then going down into the Gulch and exploring little-known stairs. Some led to private properties and dead ends, but a few more were little-used thruways overgrown with vines.


There wasnt much fall foliage yet.


Gretel did well until we came across three deer up Shearer Avenue, a steep and narrow street studded with BnBs.  I had to pull hard to keep her from dragging me.  Later on we came across four more deer, but they were frozen in fear at the sight of us and Gretel didnt even notice. 


I finished the three-mile walk in 3:23 hours.  We stopped again at the Grass Stop Smoothie bar before heading home.



No comments:

Post a Comment