Monday, November 20, 2023

Sweetie gets her teeth cleaned

 I had this 7am appointment set up over a month ago to fit my week off for Thanksgiving.  I got to Susan's place at 6:15 and stayed long enough to drink a cup of much-needed warming coffee,  walked with Susan and Sweetie around the property, and left there at 6:40am.  I got to the animal clinic at 6:59am.

I waited an hour in the clinic for blood panel results and was quite surprised to see the kidneys improve from the last test in June.  She went down from 36 to 32.  Thirty is considered the upper range of normal.  The vet tech Ben said it most likely is due to the use of Galliprant.


Ben walked Sweetie back to the prep room and I left then, shopping at Fry's and picking up discounted chickens for each of the six dogs.  I can't resist $3.40 for a baked chicken!  I then stopped at Jiffy Lube to get my CRV's oil changed and tire pressure fixed.  That was on my to-do list for this week, among other things.  I also put more things in storage.

I picked Sweetie up at 3pm.  The bill for the cleaning and six teeth extractions was a mere $555.75. She was still under some anesthesia and walked under the influence.  She rested on her dog bed in the back of the cab as I then drove her back to Susan's where she will stay indefinitely.  I stayed an hour to watch Sweetie, who at one point was walking with a curled rear left paw.


I hope removing the abscessed teeth will give Sweetie more comfort moving forward.  She is the first dog of mine  whose teeth were cleaned and I will start doing that with the other dogs as they get older.



No comments:

Post a Comment