Monday, October 9, 2023

Sweetie goes to the vet

 I had today's appointment set up for a teeth exam for a future cleaning.  Sweetie's teeth are brown and Dr Jackson says she may have a gum infection.  A cleaning is now set for Monday. November 20th.

I visited Susan at 1pm and drove off with Sweetie at 1:30pm.  Susan originally wanted to go with me and ask questions for Dr Jackson, but Allie wasn't feeling well.  She wasn't eating, either.  That's never a good sign. Susan thinks she sprained a leg while walking in the garden over the weekend, so she opted to stay home with her.

The appointment was at 2pm  and I arrived with a few minutes to spare.  In June Sweetie weighed 44 pounds, which was on the thin side.  Now she weighs 53 pounds!  Susan is feeding her too well.  She's well-rounded now and I felt the heavier weight when I lifted her into the truck.  While some weight gain was good, even Susan agreed she should cut back on feeding Sweetie treats.

Dr Jackson is a good veterinarian and I will always recommend him for pet owners in the Sierra Vista area.  He's folksy like Dr Jody Moffitt was (she moved back to Virginia last year).  He gets down to the patient's level and talks in laymen's terms, and he listens to the human customers.

Sweetie is showing signs of dementia, but is not deaf, according to Dr. J. she is just an 11-year-old dog with severe arthritis.  She had her nails clipped and her prescription for Galliprant renewed.  The bill was $71 and we were out the door by 2:50pm. 

It was a beautiful day weatherwise, an ideal day for a fall hike, but I'll leave the hiking for later this week.  I stopped at Walmart for more canned food, then stopped at Fry's, and then returned at Susan's place at 5:30pm where I stayed for two more hours.

I bought Sweetie a large-sized Big Barker orthopedic dog bed that arrived last week.  She lay on it a few times while I was at Susan's, but only time will tell if she likes the bed.  If the 7" memory foam is too high for her, I can always get a thinner mattress and give the current Big Barker to any of the other dogs.  It's a comfy mattress that even I find form-fitting.

We walked at length about the current war in Israel with Hamas.  Hamas began bombing Israel Saturday morning and caught the intel community off guard.  The loss of innocent lives, both Israeli and Palestinian, is too tragic to even comment here, but all I will say is that Hamas must be removed from this Earth.  The Palestinians do not deserve such terror and neither do the Jews of Israel.  I also have to wonder how much Putin is behind this, knowing that Russia and Iran are now allies in the war in Ukraine.

And what if Putin wants to engage nuclear weapons?  He's another authoritarian psychopath. No one is a winner then. I don't want to live the rest of my life in fear, though.

Normally Susan bashes any Democrat (she hates Biden), but tonight she had neutral words for him.  I don't visit Susan to talk politics anyway.  We were sitting in her living room watching CNN and of course the only news was the news about the Israel-Hamas bombing.

All I added was that the US media is now going to focus on this war in Israel and no longer report on the war in Ukraine, or the 6.3 earthquake in western Afghanistan that also happened on October 7th, or any other significant event in the world because Israel is always #1 when it comes to US politics. All Gazans will be deemed terrorists.  Prime Minister Benji NuttyYahoo hates all Palestinians and would rather they all be removed from Israel.  And what about our national debt?  How much more can American taxpayers endure to police the evil in the world?

I may give up current events and news for a while and watch nothing but senseless sitcoms on YouTube. Or maybe I should just give up watching anything and instead go back to listening to old Eagles tunes all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment