Friday, October 13, 2023

Carr Peak with Fritz

 

 

We didn't even get to the trailhead until 1:30pm.  I was hoping this would mean fewer people on the trail, and thus less tension for Fritz.  It was a perfect day for a hilke, with some clouds and 71F at the start with a slight breeze.


My first reaction was seeing how dry everything was again.  There were few flowers in bloom.  Most flowers and all the grasses had gone to seed and many of the osk leaves turned brown but didn't fall off trees.  The dead leaves created a dull brown hue to most of my shots.


I took a lot of time to stop and photograph flowers with my new Samsung A54.  I should have studied the camera section better, though, as many of my macro shots were blurred.


I only met two people, a father and a son.  They were coming down and told me that I wouldn't be meeting any other people on the hike. Fritz did very well as we passed them.s


It was 4:15pm when we finally got to the top.  This didn't afford me much time to be on top.  I took a few photos and at 4:30pm we were back on the descent and quickly in the cool shade.


Carr and Miller peaks' shadows were covering the valley, increasing in size as I descended.  


I was worried about the waning  sunlight. Sunset was at 5:50pm. tt was 5:55pm when I made it to the Sawmill trail insection.  I was 0.9 miles from the car with 36% battery left.  I had 30 minutes to make it back to the truck before the end of dusk.  I made it by 6:15pm.  By 6:55pm we were back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment