Sunday, July 23, 2023

Bisbee 1000

It was a near-perfect morning for this walk, with overcast clouds and a bit of a cooling breeze. 

It had rained a bit last night.  The rain brought a king snake into Lesley's home at midnight.  I was up when I got the text and was able to lend her my snake pole.   It was docile and slithered on out her back yard with no problem.

The rain also brought out the desert hares, who were dashing across the road as I drove into town.  I had to dodge a few close calls.  I saw a few dead ones later on my drive home.

We started at 5:20am  to a dramatic sky.  In the first 1.7 miles we met two homeless men and four dog walkers. I left my dogs at home but will bring them on my next walk in two weeks.  It was 72F at the start with 54% humidity, and plenty of water in the drainage.


What little monsoon we have had has greened the hills around Bisbee and brought out the flowers.

I was hoping for a dramatic sunrise, but the sun stayed behind the clouds during our walk.
I did manage to catch a few rays shining into the town.

 ra

We took a lot of photos today, slowing us down.  But we didn't care.  

It briefly drizzled on us at the 1.7-mile mark, just after the 5th set of stairs, but nothing drenching.

We usually see a few cats around Quality Hill, between the 8th and 9th set of stairs.  Today two female Siamese cats, apparent sisters, came up to us as we approached Cross Avenue, just before the last set of stairs.  A Black Lab across the street was carefully watching those two felines.  I'm glad for them that I didn't have a dog with me.
 
I stopped at the Ramada and Cantina off Naco Highway on my way home.  It was an unexpected side trip just two miles from the border.  I was there for an hour, savoring my Huevos Rancheros.   I was the first customer of the day, but an hour later there were 16 older customers for their Sunday breakfast.

I will always enjoy the drive between Bisbee and Hereford.

No comments:

Post a Comment