Monday, July 12, 2021

Crown Point, IN

Day 5 071221 Monday

Today was errand-running day. I got up early to walk the dogs around the hotel complex. I had no idea what time it was since all my phones and the Chromebook were out of battery power.

I had three things to accomish: to get both dogs fully vaccinated in case I have to board them here, shop for a new phone and get it set up, and to locate Carol.

I spent almost two hours at the Coyne Animal hospital. Both dogs needed the dog flu vaccine since DVM Turey told me that is prevalent here. Sheba also needed bordetella. I still need to turn in stool samples for both dogs.

I found an unlocked phone at Target, the Moto G Power 2021. Price was right. It even takes decent photos. To get my Chromebook and phone fully charged, I stopped by Crown brewing since dogs are allowed on the patio again. It was here, perhaps under the influence of beer, that I had a quiet meltdown. I started crying just realizing all the changes ahead for me and my family. 

I felt better once I located Carol. It was mid-afternoon and in the low 70s. The dogs were fine in the car with the windows down. I checked on them twice. It even rained hard in that first hour. I was chilled for most of the day.

She didn't expect me as I couldn't call her without a phone. I stayed with her until visiting hours were over at 6.

My only other goal was to get a hotel room for the night and to get the dog beds washed. The bedding still smells of dog barf.

No comments:

Post a Comment