Thursday, May 10, 2018

The heat is back

My schedule was changed from a full day to a half day, so I jumped at the chance for another early morning walk through Brown Canyon with Bill and Zeke.  These early-morning hikes are addictive. We were on the trail by 5:07am.

I felt tired this morning, despite the cool morning air, and didn't think we were going at an especially fast pace.  It turns out that we shaved two more minutes off our time and finished the 5.2-miles in 1:29 hours.  Even Zeke seems to be benefitting from the exercise.

Once home, though, I got tired, and once on my way to school and in a warm classroom, I was even more tired.  It hit 92F degrees today and my body just couldn't handle it.  I was too tired to walk the dogs in the evening, too tired to do any reading in the evening.

I'm going to be a tired wreck when the heat of summer arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment