Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another storm due in tonight

The dogs are home alone with the back porch open. Pache's in the garage so that he doesn't run outside and then find himself on the wrong side of the chain link fence again, like he did early this morning. He runs outside with the dogs every morning.

I didn't realize we were due in for yet another storm, but I'm rather excited. What I don't feel comfy about is the three-day blast of this thing. I have a hike due Saturday and if it's harsh weather I will either have no one show up or have to cancel the hike. I want to do the hike as it's around Parker Canyon Lake and the bald eagles are nesting there.

We had beautiful weather Monday and Tuesday. I was off yesterday and took the dogs up for a quick run up Hunter Canyon. It was around 3pm and I was toasty. It had reached near 70F! The dogs enjoyed sniffing the trail and running on the dirt road. I dropped them off at home and took off for my Tuesday classes.

The hospital bill arrived. For four days the bill totalled $15,645.20. The Progressive Care room was $2803 a day. An insulin shot went for $31, a nicotine patch $46. I went to the hospital this afternoon after my shift at the middle school and stopped by the billing office to request an itemized list. The personnel were courteous.

I hope Kevin learns his lesson. Had he taken care of his pre-diabetes a few years ago, or have his blood sugar tested last year as directed by his doctor, he wouldn't be paying his co-payment for this bill now.

But I will be nice. Today he told me he was stopping by the army clinic to attend a smoking cessation class. He needs that to qualify for the reduced-rate nictonine patch via the military pharmacy. He's also refrained from beer for several weeks, a first for him.

He's been serious about his diet, though, and his weight loss is amazing.

So anyway, it's overcast outside and cool. Soccer practice was cancelled at the middle school. I'm getting ready to start my US History II class and I have two long reading assignments I'll squeeze in tonight. Tomorrow I fill in for a Spanish class; I'm getting lots of requests to work lately so I need to get all my assignments in ahead of time. This weekend I'm working on my first English paper.

The dogs will be spending many afternoons home alone now that my semester's in full swing and the teachers are getting sick again.

No comments:

Post a Comment