Monday, July 27, 2009

Upcoming roadtrips

I am still behind on downloading photos for this blog. I spent most of the weekend with Kevin in the garden: harvesting crops, planting new seeds and pulling out the dead stuff. Garden chores just never end.

I never drove anywhere. I stayed homebound and loved it.

But there is no doubt that we both want to visit Montana together. I still have daily visions of driving those high mountain dirt roads around southwestern Montana, and catch myself in vivid day dreams of those cool, refreshing hikes high above humanity where both Sadie and I pranced in glee. Now, in these near triple-digit temperatures, walking the dogs is a hot, sweaty chore.

"How about a winter road trip?" Kevin asked. Being a former Bostonian, he likes the cold winds and snow.
"It can get to -40F below in Montana!!!" I replied right back. But what better way to see a potential second home than by seeing it in its absolute worst. That would be like visiting Tucson in July.

So, perhaps that is our Christmas trip. Two weeks up into Montana, which means two days of driving non-stop just to get to Bozeman or Billings. Someone could watch the dogs or we take them with us...but camping would be out of the question. I'm not fond of pitching a tent on ice.

Idaho and Wyoming are other possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment