Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Moving in

 At 8:30am today I was at Pioneer Title to sign paperwork for my new home.  My agent, Derrick, was already waiting for me when I drove up there minutes late.  In ten minutes I had my first set of keys

It all felt so surreal.  After almost three years, I finally have a livable home and freedom of movement.


I spent the first night alone, falling asleep on the couch by the front window, with a kitchen light on.  The next morning I woke up to the sunrise and a bright kitchen.  Light!  My other home was always depressingly dark, but this new home is already showing promise.

In many ways, it's the home I had wanted years ago:  bright, open floor plan, and views to the east and west.

I have work to do on the yard and backyard fence, but that will keep me busy the next year.  I still have quite a bit to do on the old home property as well  Once the house is demolished next week, the real clean-up begins.

I am slowly letting go of the past and moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment